The Primary Teacher Education Department of BINUS UNIVERSITY is designed with blended best practices of national and international curricula supported by a strong character education and ICT skills.
Vision and Mission
Become a world-class Primary Teacher Education Department in continuous pursuit of innovation, education development, and research in the primary field.
The mission of the Primary Teacher Education Department is to contribute to the global community through the provision of world-class education by:
- Creating professional and passionate primary school teachers who educate, inspire, and innovate the community with high-quality of education.
- Developing research culture in the academic environment of educational technology, especially in primary teacher education.
- Strengthening the network in the primary education community, contributing to local and global society in developing the nation’s quality of life through services in primary education.
The objectives of the program are :
- (POBJ-1) To facilitate students with a conducive academic environment in order to achieve rigorous learning outcomes through meaningful learning experiences.
- (POBJ-2) To equip academics with a conducive environment in reviewing, designing, and conducting research and community services in the field of primary education.
- (POBJ-3) To deploy students with knowledge and technology in primary education who needed to apply and develop their professional program.
After completing the study, graduates are:
- Able to plan, implement, and evaluate curricular instructional, co-curricular, and extra-curricular activities, with student active learning approach by utilizing various learning resources, science, ICT-based instructional media, and the potential value of the local environment, according to the standard process and the quality of primary
- Able to provide assistance to students in the learning scopes, character building, and personal
- Able to evaluate instructional processes using classroom action
- Able to plan and manage resources in classroom teaching and learning activity, and educational institutions under his responsibility, and comprehensively evaluate their
- Able to make strategic decisions based on analysis of the information and data in classroom teaching and learning activity, school, and educational institutions under his responsibility as a
- Able to conduct studies on the quality problem, relevance, and access in education, and serves a best of existing solutions as a reason for decision making in the context of his responsibilities as a
- Able to implement innovative and tested instructional methods in accordance with the content characteristics of subjects and characteristics of the learners at the primary education
- Mastering information and communication technology in learning, research, and self-development.
- Mastering a foreign language in learning
- Mastering international curriculum IB or Cambridge as the national curriculum
Prospective Career of the Graduates
Graduates of the program are strongly encouraged to be professional primary school teachers, tutors, trainers, and researchers who have a strong passion for the primary education field.