Primary Teacher Education
The Primary Teacher Education Department of BINUS University is designed with a blended best practices of national and international curricula supported by a strong character education and ICT skills.
Become world class Primary Teacher Education department in continuous pursuit of innovation, education development, and research in education field.
The mission of Primary Teacher Education department is to contribute to the global community through the provision of world-class education by :
- Creating dynamic leaders who actively contribute to the environment development and developing national and global primary education field.
- Conducting education through explorative and innovative learning experience for students in order to equip students with competency in analyzing primary education aspects and apply it through character education.
- Developing research culture in academic environment on the field of education science especially field of primary teacher education.
- Increasing primary education network quality through community services in education advocating program and social activity.
- Strengthening network in primary education field community, local and global society as contribution on developing nation’s quality of life through services in primary education.
The objectives of the program are :
- To facilitate students with conducive academic environment in order to achieve rigorous learning outcomes through meaningful learning experience.
- To equip academics with conducive environment in review, design, and conducting research and community services in the field of primary education.
- To deploy students with knowledge and technology in primary education that needed to apply and develop their professional program.
At the end of the program, graduates will be able to :
- Design challenging learning experience and environment that appropriate with individual learning and development differences within and across the cognitive, linguistic, social, emotional, and physical areas
- Manage central concepts, tools of inquiry, and structures of the disciplines they teach order to ensure learners in mastery of the content.
- Design creative and challenging instruction that supports every student in meeting rigorous learning goals by applying various instructional strategies and approaches.
- Practice professional ethics in order to collaborate with learners, families, colleagues, other school professionals, and community members.
- Develop meaningful learning experience that appropriate with students’ development by integrating ICT utilization.
- Adopt with national and global current issues of education.
Prospective Career of the Graduates
Graduates of the program are strongly encouraged to be professional primary school teachers who have strong passion in the primary education field.
Our curriculum is a blend of best practices of both national and international such as IB and Cambridge with the emphasis of research and ICT skills.
Last updated :