What is a thesis statement?
- Whenever you begin to write an essay, the first paragraph of your piece should be your thesis statement. This is the section of the essay in which you clearly lay out the major points you will make in your essay, as well as your main idea. For an argumentative essay, which is an essay in which you attempt to convince someone of an argument or position, your thesis statement should outline your position and the major points you will discuss in your argument.
Sample of thesis statement
Should cell phones be allowed in the classroom?
I believe that cell phones should absolutely be allowed in the classroom, but with a few restrictions and rules in place. First, cell phones give us instant access to a wide variety of information and can help us answer questions we might have. Also, cell phones can be useful tools for creating and writing, which can help students organize their thoughts and work. Finally, cell phones keep us in touch with people and are incredibly useful in the case of an emergency. By the end of this essay, you will also feel that cell phones should be allowed in the classroom.
- Students must wear uniform to school. Do you agree?
- Working in groups is better than working alone. What do you think?
- Studying abroad is better than studying in your home country. Do you agree?
- Should people marry before the age of 30? Give your reasons.
Living in big cities gives more benefits than living in villages. Do you agree?
Published at :